Comsewogue Logo
Comsewogue School District
Non-Public School Transportation Request

Dear Parent or Guardian of Non-Public Students,

Please be aware that Section 3635(2) of the New York State Education Law states: “written notice be given to the school trustees or board of education by the parent of a pupil attending a nonpublic school for whom transportation is desired, no later than April 1st preceding the beginning of the next school year...”

Each school year, you must submit a request for transportation for your child/children that attends a non-public
school. A completed “Non-Public School Transportation Request” form must be received in the Transportation Office on or before April 1, 2024, for each child that will attend a non-public school in the 2024-2025 school year. If the enclosed Comsewogue School District form is not received by this date, your child/children will be denied transportation for the 2022-2023 school year. Please complete ONE FORM PER CHILD.

Please note: Each school year you must provide proof of residence along with the request form. Choose TWO (2) of the following proofs of residence:

- Homeowner: Town of Brookhaven tax bill, or deed or a current mortgage statement.

- Renter: Notarized (may be sworn to or unsworn) statement of Landlord or Owner or Resident from whom the parent or guardian leases or shares property and copy of lease (if applicable).

- Other forms of documentation and/or information establishing physical presence in the Comsewogue School District which may include, but not limited to: Pay Stub, Income tax return, utility or other bills, membership documents based on residency, voter registration documents, official driver's license, learner's permit or non-drive identification, state or other governmental issued identification, documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g. local social services agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement).

You must also provide a birth certificate for Kindergarten and new students. 

If at any time before the beginning of the school year or during the school year your child/children withdraw from the school and/or no longer require transportation, kindly notify the Transportation Office so that we may remove them from the bus route assigned to them.

Should you need additional forms or have any questions (at any time during the school year), please call the Transportation Office at 631-474-8123 or 631-474-8124 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM.